The countdown is on: You have just two more weeks to submit your projects to the 2017 Considered Design Awards. Our contest is open to both professional and amateur designers, and you have until midnight Pacific on June 22 to submit your photos and project descriptions in any of 16 categories across both Remodelista and Gardenista. Read about the prizes, browse submitted projects, and enter the contest on the 2017 Remodelista Awards and 2017 Gardenista Awards pages.
In late June, finalists will be chosen by a panel of guest judges and winners will be selected by reader votes. Read on to meet this year’s judges.
- Previous Odd Job: Decorating the Waverly Inn in New York for Christmas, every Christmas for about four years.
- Latest DIY Project: Changing a bulb in the light over my dining table.
- Favorite Thing to Cook: Kale salad with white balsamic, currants, roasted pine nuts, and Parmesan crisps.
- Favorite Item in My Closet: Kron shoes from Reykjavík, Iceland.
- Latest DIY Project: Dyeing fabric with dandelions.
- Favorite Shops: The New Craftsmen, Robert Kime, John Derian.
- Favorite Perfume: Carnal Flower, Frederic Malle.
- Pets: Hero (my border terrier) and Milo (our Siberian cat).