Here’s a look at what we’ve been coveting and curating this week.
Above: We gathered with friends and colleagues at Haven’s Kitchen in NYC to toast the release of our new book, Gardenista: The Definitive Guide to Outdoor Spaces. A companion volume to Remodelista: A Manual for the Considered Home, the book unveils Gardenista’s best design ideas and beautiful gardens across the board. Copies are sold at bookstores in the United States, Canada, the UK, Australia, and New Zealand, as well as online. More details found here. Photo by Mel Walbridge.
- To buy or not to buy: tips for purchasing art for the home.
- A glimpse at the lives of the creative duo behind Venice, California’s, most coveted boutique.
- 5 tips for cutting costs when decorating.
Above: One of our favorite New York gallery haunts, Nalata Nalata, specializes in Japanese craftsmanship. Margot recommends its just-opened exhibit of 80 hand-forged speciality scissors made by Tajika, a fourth-generation family business. “An Exhibition of Handcrafted Scissors and Shears” runs through October 28.
- We’ll be adding this natural cleaning solution to our list.
- With designs by Frank Lloyd Wright and Le Corbusier, we’d love to stay in any of these homes.
- “As soon as I saw it, I knew I must have it,” said Georgia O’Keeffe about the beloved Ghost Ranch
- A disciplined kitchen for a Michelin star chef.
Above: From sofas to curtains, we keep an eye out for what Erwan and Ronan Bouroullec are doing next. Lucikly their instagram feed offers images and updates as equally poetic as their designs (@ronanerwanbouroullec).
For more of our weekly inspirations, visit our posts: