How to soak up the last days of summer? With pretty ceramics for dinners outdoors, a newly opened upstate B&B, and a screened porch to live in 24/7 from here on out. Read on:
- Julie has been eyeing Mama Farm, an organic farm and three-bedroom bed and breakfast, in Brookhaven, New York, founded by none other than Isabella Rossellini and now open to all.
- Saving places: The National Trust for Historic Preservation’s African American Cultural Heritage Action Fund has been awarded a grant to preserve and rehabilitate the John and Alice Coltrane House and the Lewis H. Latimer House, two Long Island landmarks of Black history.
- And this just in from the Noguchi Museum: “With the purpose of raising awareness and amplifying creative voices in our local AAPI community, the Museum invites emerging AAPI artists based in Queens to submit designs for the Museum’s outdoor banners to advocate for anti-racism.” Submit your design by September 24th; for full rules and details, head here.
- It’s not too late to upgrade your outdoor living space for last weeks of summer. Consider these 15 airy screened-in porches, with ideas to borrow.
- Doormats with a touch of the nautical, for continuing summer year-round.
- For a chance to win $1500 toward a kitchen remodel with NewAge Products, enter here through August 30.
May we recommend: