What we’re up to this weekend:
- Shoppe Object, presenting a curated selection of more than 400 home brands, is on now in NYC (through Sunday), at Pier 36, 299 South Street, NYC. Margot says, “The mix of vendors is great, I especially liked the Showcase Japan section with housewares from 20 brands.”
- Just launched: a limited edition vibrant yellow Pollen color from pottery company East Fork (a free jar of single-origin Diaspora Co. turmeric is offered with the first 150 customer orders).
- Luteca, a luxe furniture brand offering pieces that “merge midcentury Scandinavian restraint and a distinct Mexican flavor,” as they say, has a new showroom at 200 Lexington Avenue in NYC.
- Margot’s planning to drop in on the newly opened “Vera Paints a Scarf” exhibit at the Museum of Arts and Design, featuring work by Vera Newmann (“her works are so synonymous with the seventies”).
- Our favorite Cape Cod artist Rob DuToit has a show up at the Wellfleet Library until August 24th; see more of his work at the Berta Walker Galleries in Wellfleet and Provincetown.