Here’s what’s on our radar; a slew of upcoming summer sales, pop-ups, and new design shops:
- One of our favorite housewares lines—Canvas—is having a sample sale from June 27th to June 30th, from 10am to 7pm at 484 Broome Street (between Wooster and West Broadway). For more info, go to Canvas.
- March in SF is hosting a book signing for Laurie Krantz (one of her LA gardens is featured in our book Gardenista: The Definitive Guide to Stylish Outdoor Spaces) in celebration of her new book, A Garden Can Be Anywhere; go to March for details (June 22nd from 2pm to 4pm).
- Ikea’s got a new line of folding furniture; see the offerings at the Organized Home.
- On Saturday, June 22, from 11am to 7pm, Hunt Projects at 1460 Davidson Avenue in San Francisco is hosting an open studio event, including wares from one of our favorite artists, Hannah Beatrice Quinn (discounted handmade brooms!).
- Check out new outdoor pieces from Skagerak over on Gardenista (we’re in covet mode).
- Cutting-edge design shop Future Perfect (with outposts in NYC, LA, and SF) almost never has sales, so this caught our eye: Future Perfect Estate Sale, this weekend in LA.
- A.G. Hendy Co. emailed us to say: “Cue the trumpet blast: we’re back on board and opening the kitchen again. We’re riding that ocean wave with our weekend lunches, which commence from Saturday 29th June. Our fresh-off-the-boat seafood, our generous shellfish pot, and our plates of seasonal vegetables are all on the menu.” Go to A.G. Hendy for full details
- Two of our Remodelista co-founders, Janet Hall (now of Henrybuilt) and Sarah Lonsdale (now of Clé Tile), team up to present a discussion with Bay Area designer Erica Tanov at the Henrybuilt showroom in Mill Valley; Tuesday, June 25th, from noon to 1pm; 356 Miller Avenue. For tickets, go to SF Design Week.
- Workstead, one of our favorite design firms, recently opened a new showroom/studio in Hudson, NY, at 420 Warren Street; well worth a visit.