This week we’ve been revisiting our favorite summer stories. Looking ahead, a few goings-on of note:
- And the award for cleverest re-use goes to: the shocking transformation of TP packaging into appealing gift wrap.
- On view in Kinderhook, NY: The Commercialization of Shaker Knits, curated by Emily Adams Bode Aujla of Bode fame, and tracing Shaker influence on our modern athletic wear.
- Admiring this tour of the one-time NYC apartment of Alex Tieghi-Walker, founder of Tiwa Select. (“For a magical moment I lived overlooking Basquiat’s former studio and the Great Jones Street fire station,” Alex writes. “Low wooden beams that made it feel more like a Parisian attic than anything else.”)
- The Good, the Hot, and the Wormy—or: backyard composters, explained.
- Annie spent the week at the Fine Arts Work Center in Provincetown—and browsed the selection of trusty workwear and utilitarian upgrades at Clove & Creek.
- Appealingly simple summer arrangements.
- Keep cool with $110 off water filters with code REA1 at the Waterdrop Official Store, now through July 10; read more here.
- It’s the last days to see artist Thomas Jackon’s ephemeral, pastel-hued installation at McKegney Green in Tiburon, CA. “It will constantly be transforming, depending on wind conditions and the time of day when you see it,” the artist told Datebook. The public art exhibit is on view through June 9.
- And maybe you can bottle summer. Here’s a start.
Frequently asked questions
What is the meaning of 'Current Obsessions: Still Life'?
The meaning of 'Current Obsessions: Still Life' is the current things that are capturing our attention and creating a sense of stillness and beauty.
What can I expect to find in the 'Current Obsessions: Still Life' post?
In the 'Current Obsessions: Still Life' post, you can expect to find a curated collection of photographs and objects that evoke a sense of calmness, beauty, and simplicity.
Who curates the 'Current Obsessions: Still Life' post?
The 'Current Obsessions: Still Life' post is curated by the Remodelista team, who carefully select and arrange the featured photographs and objects.
Where can I find the 'Current Obsessions: Still Life' post?
You can find the 'Current Obsessions: Still Life' post on the Remodelista website. Simply visit the website and navigate to the 'Posts' section to find it.
How often is the 'Current Obsessions: Still Life' post updated?
The 'Current Obsessions: Still Life' post is updated regularly, but the frequency of updates may vary. It is recommended to check the website or subscribe to Remodelista's newsletter for the latest updates.
Can I submit my own still life photographs or objects for consideration?
Yes, Remodelista welcomes submissions for consideration. You can find the submission guidelines on their website and follow the instructions to submit your own still life photographs or objects.
Are the photographs and objects in 'Current Obsessions: Still Life' available for purchase?
The availability of purchasing the photographs and objects featured in 'Current Obsessions: Still Life' may vary. If they are available for purchase, the relevant information and links will be provided in the post.
Can I share the 'Current Obsessions: Still Life' post on social media?
Yes, you can share the 'Current Obsessions: Still Life' post on social media platforms. There are social sharing buttons available on the post page that allow you to easily share it on various platforms.
Does Remodelista offer any additional resources related to still life photography or styling?
Yes, Remodelista offers additional resources related to still life photography and styling. You can explore their website for articles, guides, and inspiration on these topics.
Can I sign up for notifications or updates specifically related to the 'Current Obsessions: Still Life' posts?
Remodelista offers a newsletter that you can subscribe to for updates and notifications specifically related to the 'Current Obsessions: Still Life' posts. Simply visit their website and look for the newsletter subscription option.