Ahead this spring weekend: a Remodelista editor’s exhibits, a sample sale, and inspiration from a surfer’s California backyard.
- In addition to serving as Remodelista’s architecture and interiors editor, Margot is the artist and naturalist behind @dogwalkdiarynyc, where she displays her found botanical arrangements. Now she’s exhibiting her work in two upcoming shows: at Area in LA (May 13th through the end of June) and at Abroad Modern in Cambridge, MA, on June 4 (stay tuned for more info). Margot will be at Area for the opening reception on May 13th from 4-7 pm, 8307 W 3rd St.; stop by to say hello.
- This just in from Remodelista favorite Brad Ford: “We’re pleased to welcome the Hudson Company, purveyors of some of the best wood flooring we’ve seen (much of it reclaimed), to our FAIR showroom in the New York Design Center.”
- Next weekend in Brooklyn: an Auntie Oti sample sale. Stop by 72 Mother Gaston Blvd on Saturday, May 13th from 2-6 p.m. and Sunday, May 14th from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. (masks required).
- A San Francisco backyard with a sauna, outdoor shower, and plenty of space for surf boards.
- We’re admiring this wallpaper by a century-old Swedish design house, now available exclusively through Schumacher.
- New from Revival: the Custom Rug Collection.
- A house in Kanagawa, Japan, that uses staircases as partitions.
- Lightology is giving away $1,000 toward any of their products; enter here.
- May in Maine: heaven on earth?
- And 10 ideas for built-in bookshelves.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation