Last month, Alexa headed off to Paris armed with little more than a camera and a list of all our favorite French designers and creators, including Clarisse Demory, Cécile Daladier, and David Rager and Cheri Messerli. This coming week, we give you a behind-the-scenes look into their homes and insights into their favorite Paris finds, plus visits to our favorite shops and restaurants. And in the meantime, this is what’s been on our radar closer to home.
- Across the pond is a $25 million mansion in Brooklyn’s Park Slope, via Brownstoner.
- Unlock your front door with your phone. Julie’s eying Yves Behar’s latest design: the August Smart Lock spotted on Engadget.
- One of Alexa’s favorite stops in Paris: Pierre Jeanneret and Le Corbusier’s La Maison Roche.
- And if you do happen to be in Paris, Droog will be providing Parisians with a taste of their Hotel Droog at the Merci store from June 4th to the 15th–and three lucky couples will be sleeping there overnight.
- With the upcoming MoMA exhibition on Le Corbusier, Christine has been checking out this sartorial essay and wondering if the clothes maketh the architect.
- Speaking of Bauhaus, how about a bit of Gropius Inspired Food Photography? Via Architizer.
- Finally, if you are looking to crack open some vino this summer, Stacey is checking out Real Simple’s wine-buying tips.
And, for much more interior inspiration, head to our most recent posts.