In this week’s Spring by Design issue, we’ve been moving from indoors to out and back again (see a colorful London kitchen with a garden just beyond, new fabrics for Paris sidewalk cafes, and a builtbuilder-turned-designer’s cedar sauna floating in a harbor in Maine). The theme continues this weekend, with boathouses, postage stamp-sized patios, and the most elegant outdoor shower we’ve seen. Read on:
- Going on today from 12 to 2 p.m.: a seconds and samples sale at Helen Levi Ceramics. Stop in at 562 Grandview Ave, Ridgewood, Queens; more info here.
- We’re following Stories from Home via Scotland-based maker Pops & Piaf. This weekend? A guide to making simple paper eggs.
- Vintage painted ceramics from all over the globe, newly available via Nickey Kehoe.
- A tiny boathouse retreat in Norway, looking out at the water.
- Currently coveting: an elegant brass and copper outdoor shower.
- And a handmade outdoor broom for spring cleaning.
- And six common household ingredients to use in the garden.