This coming week marks our first official foray into the world of Chinese design with a look at what and who is up and coming in China, as well as our favorite Chinese design elements applied to rooms around the world. Stay tuned as we welcome in the Year of the Horse.
- Christine was intrigued to see how they celebrate Chinese New Year Down Under.
- Liked the mix of patterns and prints from Erica Tanov yesterday? The Berkeley store is having their two day annual sale this weekend.
- An architect-designed tree house for millennial boy scouts? See more on Inhabitat.
- While researching designers in China for next week’s issue, Izabella came across Chinese fashion label, Mixmind and has been admiring their loose and layered skirts.
- Sifting through the architectural hardware on offer at Dering Hall.
- Just pinned to Pinterest, an inspiring display of baskets on a wall designed by Maison Hand.
- Here’s an idea we can see ourselves doing in the future: reupholstering folding chairs as seen on Pop Sugar Home.
- Zosia Mamet, star of the HBO show Girls, has moved into a townhouse in Bushwick; check out the exterior on Brownstoner.
- This week Margot spotted this curvaceous art gallery in Beijing by Vienna and Beijing design collective Penda, on Dezeen.
- A brightly colored backyard in Venice, California, is designed on a budget and includes three outdoor rooms; via Sunset Magazine.
For more of our favorite finds, head to our most recent posts.