We’re featuring Australia next week and it’s easy to forget that while we might be complaining about the heat, it’s winter down there. (We were reminded of this when we spotted some flannel bedding in an Australian magazine.) Stay tuned for a week of great finds; in the meantime, here’s what’s piquing our interest:
- We’re perusing Dezeen’s new Australian Houses Pinboard; lots to see.
- Julie and Christine were lucky enough to lunch in the showroom of British Standard by Plain English in Hoxton Square with food by Pip’s Dish.
- Kale salad is our go-to lunch in the the office. Here’s a variation worth giving a try: chopped collard and kale salad spotted in this Greek style summer cookout.
- If you are looking to buy some serious art at more accessible prices, online auction house Paddle8 offers monthly themed auctions and benefit auctions in collaboration with non-profitsm like oil paint and oil paint skins collaged on canvas by Angel Otero as part of a fund raising auction for the Anderson Ranch Arts Center.
- We’re looking forward to getting our hands on the August issue of Bazaar to see the Hollywood Hills home of Nata Berkus and Jeremiah Brent.
- To be filed under strange but true: wallpaper from the Beastie Boys. Check out Mike D. Wallpaper Designs.
- Adding this to the buy list: Gypsy Juice spotted by Sarah in Australian mag Est, one of her favorite online reads of late.
- Erin at Gardenista shows us how to keep moths away (no mothballs required).
For more, head over to all of our recent posts.