Ahead this weekend: DIY bug repellent, a new camping essential, linens in summer colors, and the beginnings of August. Read on:
- Available for preorder: The Book of Errors, Annie Coggan’s book of drawings, “ephemera,” and imaginings on the idea of historic houses.
- The more the merrier: Snow Peak’s new Living Lodge is roomy enough for gatherings of all sorts.
- Dreaming of a weekend dip? Live vicariously (or plan a swimming spot of your own) via this insider’s guide to swimming pool design.
- Minimalism and surprising color in an artful gravel garden in Antwerp.
- Inspiration for well-ordered drawers all over the house.
- And: make your own (natural, good-smelling) insect repellent.
May we recommend:
- Tablecloths, throws, and linens in the sweetest of summer palettes.
- Traditional Catalonian housewares with a modern (and carbon-neutral) twist, via the new Barcelona-based Behomm Shop.
- A light designed with acoustics in mind.
- The perfect summer travel backpack? Margot’s admiring this one, made by British bag designer Ally Capellino in collaboration with Margent Farm, UK hemp growers and activists.