This week we found ourselves in the Valentine’s Day spirit (we’ve had enough lace, hot pink, and heartfelt sentiment to last until next year). Next week we’ll be back to business as usual with all things Danish. In the meantime, this is what we’re currently crushing on:
- We spotted these lounge chairs by Dutch industrial designer, Ditte Hammerstrøm, on Dwell.
- Dalilah, our newest staffer on the Remodelista team, is intrigued by the idea of 3-D printed fashions, like this 3-D printed dress made for Dita Von Teese, featured on Dezeen.
- We’re always on the lookout for nontoxic products for the home and found Real Simple’s post on 66 All-Natural Cleaning Solutions to be very useful.
- This weekend, in anticipation of our Scandi week ahead and in honor of Danish film director Gabriel Axel who just died, Margot is planning to watch Babette’s Feast, Axel’s Oscar-winning movie from 1987.
- Reading this list of where to save and where to splurge on designer home decor (hint: splurge on Tom Dixon, a definite “yes”) on HuffPo Home.
- Alexa wants to have all her books rebound with their paper marbled like this example from book binder Christopher Rowlatt in the UK.