Heading into our week on Italian design, we’re charting the best of the Salone del Mobile in Milan, plus new Brooklyn concept shop, Ikea sofa, and more. Come take a look.
- Calling all East Coast readers: Join Gardenista editor Michelle Slatalla, chef Joshua McFadden, and our friends at Terrain as we celebrate spring at two special events. More details here.
- Francesca has “a thing for La DoubleJ maximalist table settings,” now debuting in Milan. The collection features vintage-inspired linen tablecloths, placemats, and ceramics, all made in collaboration with Italian heritage brands.
- Another noteworthy unveiling in Milan: Tom Dixon’s multi-functional Delaktig sofa for Ikea.
- Limited edition: These woven cotton blankets take on a curatorial approach.
- Artful sound: a new wireless speaker system that doubles as wall art.
- Keeping an eye out for Common Good‘s new plastic-reducing Refill Box, now in Kickstarter phase.
- New from Parachute: limited-edition Moroccan-inspired printed pillows.
- Five questions with the owners of an LA design haunt, recently profiled.
- Lighting on a budget: 16 DIY fixtures to make on a dime.
Did a product or space pique your interest this week? Share it with us via Instagram using the hashtag #RMfinds.
And peruse more obsessions and noteworthy discoveries via our latest posts: