This week’s Current Obsessions: goings-on in New York, LA, Paris, and beyond—plus, a couple of eco tips. Read on:
- At long last, Bar Pisellino (sister spot to Remodelista favorite Via Carota) is open in NYC.
- Our editors’ 10 favorite low-fi essentials for a laid-back, old-school summer.
- A soon-to-open no-waste coffee shop in Brooklyn (spotted via Cup of Jo).
- Now open in LA: Santa Monica Proper, a new hotel designed by Kelly Wearstler (with a Jessica Koslow restaurant downstairs).
- And, Ikea’s latest collection makes leftover materials beautiful.
- Now debuting: a tastefully simple pet collection from Jenni Kayne.
- Workstead opens a studio in Hudson.
- Shop designs right out of Soho House, via Soho Home, now in the US.
- A hidden rooftop bar overgrown with herbs and plants, atop Paris’ Hotel des Grands Boulevards.
- The free mulch you might already have on your property.
- How to snag antiques and vintage online.
- What to do with all those tote bags, via The New York Times.
- And, a reminder for summer: 5 easy eco swaps for the kitchen.
Previously in Remodelista Obsessions: