We’ve been admiring the art of gold leaf, a new Stockholm hotel, and a closet preserved at The Met (not to mention several noteworthy sales). Read on to see what caught our eye this week.
- Don’t toss it: Follow these tips for making old furniture look new.
- In praise of Ikea’s steps towards fighting poverty.
- Meredith says she’s “kind of obsessing over” the new Smeg and Dolce & Gabanna collaboration, inspired by Sicilian folklore.
- Want to take part in the sleep revolution? Earn $50 off a Casper mattress.
- Alexa is planning to attend the Conscious Consuming event at Williamsburg’s Wythe Hotel in celebration of Earth Day (shopping designer’s upcycled clothes included).
- Lofty ideas: an unfinished attic becomes an airy minimalist loft.
- Spotted on Realtor.com: what to consider before you tear down a wall.
- Australian design: the most beautiful bars and restaurants down under, as chosen by the experts.
- On skateboarding, art, and minimal design.
- One of the best before-and-after transformations we’ve seen.
Spring Sales, Pop-Ups and Instagram Inspiration
- In Brooklyn: the Made For You ceramics studio sale is today from 12-4pm.
- London readers: Canvas Home is offering up to 50 percent off tableware and housewares through May 21 at their showroom on Amwell Street.
Did a certain space catch your eye this week? Share it with us via Instagram using the hashtag #RMFinds.
For more finds online and across the globe, visit our recent posts: