Recently, a reader wrote us in response to our post on roller shades requesting ideas for top down bottom up shades. In truth, these are not our favorite style of window treatment, mainly because they are typically cellular shades and feature a cord running up the length of the center.
There are, however, real benefits to the top down bottom up shade that we cannot ignore. For one, the shades allow the blocking out of unsightly objects at the bottom of the window (like the neighbor’s house or yard, etc) while still being able to see the sky or any tall trees. They provide an ample and accurate privacy screen. And the shades are customizable throughout to day depending on morning or afternoon sun.
So we set out in search of some of the best and best-looking options for top down bottom up shades, and here is what we’ve come up with.
For more window treatments see our posts:
- Remodeling 101: Simple Roller Shades
- 10 Easy Pieces: Light-Filtering Roller Shades
- Remodeling 101: The Ins and Outs of Smart Window Shades
- Instant Curtains by the Genius Bouroullec Brothers
- DIY: Raw-Edge Linen Curtains, Budget Edition
- 5 Favorites: Belgian Linen Curtains
- Domestic Dispatches: 5 Ways to Cover 50 Windows on a Budget
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation