Last year, Berkeley, California, became the first city to ban natural gas in new buildings, starting in 2020. Paving the way for other cities in California and across the U.S., the looming ban has us thinking about alternatives to gas cooking. According to NPR, the heating and cooking within buildings uses “almost a third of the natural gas consumed in the U.S.” Whether you are looking to reduce your carbon footprint by upgrading your appliances in an old home, or working on a new build, you may be looking at electric ranges over gas for the longview.
Induction ranges and cooktops, already popular in European countries, offer lightning-fast heating and one of the safest options out there. Here are our picks for the 10 best induction ranges.
N.B. For more see our posts Remodeling 101: Beyond Gas vs Electric: A Quick Guide to Kitchen Stoves and Cooktops and Remodeling 101: What to Know When Replacing Your Range.
For more freestanding ranges, range hoods, and ovens see our posts:
- 10 Easy Pieces: The Best Skinny Kitchen Ranges (Freestanding 24-Inches)
- 10 Easy Pieces: Freestanding 36-Inch Kitchen Ranges
- 10 Easy Pieces: Retro Kitchen Ranges
- 10 Easy Pieces: Downdraft Range Vents
- 10 Easy Pieces: Wall-Mounted Chimney Range Hoods
- 10 Easy Pieces: Speed Ovens
You need to login or register to view and manage your bookmarks.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation