It’s official. We’re having a lazy weekend post July 4th pottering around the garden, arming ourselves with a good book, a great cocktail (see below) and spending as much time as possible horizontal, preferably in the hammock. Here’s what else is going on:
Above: The ultimate in bohemian chic: Steal This Look: Ace Hotel Outdoor Lounge in Palm Springs.
- We’re featuring summery bedrooms next week and Julie has her eye on the indigo printed Esme Pillow from Les Indiennes.
- Meredith is checking out the summer offerings at Tricia Foley’s New General Store.
- Alexa is considering the Type 75 Anglepoise Lamp (as a birthday gift selfie or suggestion), but she can’t work out the difference between Margaret Howell’s reissue and the standard Type 75, save for the price difference. Any help from readers?
- When next in LA, Sarah’s planning on checking out Dosa’s Exploring Joshua Tree art installation and shop at the Santa Monica Museum of Art.
- We’ve been going through a bit of a heatwave here on the West Coast and Alexa’s got the skinny on how to Survive in the Desert.
- Looking for a bit of European glitz this summer? Check into the Hotel Sezz in Saint Tropez.
- Jet-setting off somewhere? Check out these tips for beating jet lag.
- Thomas Keller, pre the French Laundry.
- It might be past the fourth but we are still in the mood for this Raspberry Sparkler with its mix of raspberries, mint, and honey, a little lime, gin, and a dash of vinho verde.
- Did you like the designers we featured this past week in our Made in America postings? Enter them in Martha Stewart’s American Made awards. (You can also nominate yourself.)