The temperature might be low in most of the Northern Hemisphere, but blooming magnolia and plum trees don’t lie. Here’s what we’ve been reading, watching, and making this past week:
- Admiring the pivoting blinds of Pitsou Kedem Architects’ latest project in Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Alexa appreciates the transformative power of paint (like her coffee table salvaged off the street, then painted white). She’s checking out these different paint project ideas.
- Sarah’s enjoying the first print issue of a Handful of Salt, with its mix of craft and design, available online.
- After Jackie’s advice in this week’s 10 Secrets for Happy Housekeeping, we’re fixated on domestic science solutions, like How to Shorten Cleaning Time.
- Enjoying Sight Unseen‘s look at Brian Ferry’s Brooklyn apartment. For more of Ferry’s work, see his blog, The Blue Hour, and in A Designer’s Haunt in Greenwich Village.
- Heading into Bath & Spa week, Alexa has been noticing some smart DIY ideas, like a clothing hanger manipulated as a toilet paper holder.
- Christine was happily reminded of Le Grand Project of Renovations that began it all—the complete transformation of 18th century townhouse to Parisian industrial chic in 1928.
- Hosting friends for Oscars watching this evening? Here are 16 Fresh Ways to Dress Up a Table.
For more, make sure to check out our most recent posts.