Take a look at a few things that piqued our interest this week:
- In honor of our Urban Life issue next week, we’re turning to fashion designer Phillip Lim’s New York City loft.
- Our friend Liz Giamatti has a Kickstarter campaign going for her lovely movie A Woman Like Me. It’s about the creative process of Alex Sichel, a practicing Buddhist, in an unimaginably dire situation (stage IV breast cancer). Did we mention that it made a splash at Sundance, the Berlin Film Festival, and SXSW? Visit Kickstarter if you’d like to get involved.
- Mark your calendars: Next weekend (September 19 and 20) is Open House London, a free architectural festival celebrating more than 700 of the city’s best private and public spaces, which will be open to the public for the weekend.
- Thinking about getting a head start on Halloween? Here are five ways to throw a Hallow’s Eve celebration.
- Tips on small-spacing living from an organization devotee.
- Everything you need to know about choosing a backsplash.
- For $15 million you can live in a 15,000-square-foot San Francisco mansion, eight-car garage and elevator included.
- Japan meets Scandinavia in designer Adam Davidson’s industrial Brooklyn loft.
- Johnny Depp and Kate Moss’s 1990s Greenwich Village love nest is on the market.
- In the studio with painter Satsuki Shibuya.
Instagram and Pinterest Picks of the Week
- Our latest Pinterest discovery is Geneva-based blogger Stephanie Duvall’s Architecture board.