It’s that time of year: every evening (or every weekend, at least), there seems to be a can’t-miss celebratory bash. So we hope you can join us at our upcoming events, starting with our first-ever NYC market. And before you dash out the door, here are a few things we’ve been obsessing over:
- On those nights we’re staying in, we’ll be cooking from David Tanis’s new cookbook, One Good Dish. 100 easy (but elevated) recipes? We’re on board.
- We’re making note of this clever staircase-turned-library idea seen on PopSugar Home.
- Are you (like us) a Tom Delavan fan (it even rhymes!). Good news: he’s designed a line of bed linens, available at Gilt Home. We’re coveting the Garment Dyed Quilt Throw ($119), available in six shades ranging from storm gray to midnight blue, and the Flatweave Rug with Tassels (prices range from $79 to $449).
- Another one for our “only in Japan” file: Tato Architect’s dental clinic in Nakayamate, complete with a color palette based on the obligatory dentist green, via This Is Paper.
- Coffee making as we’ve never seen it: on HuffPost Home.
- Alexa has been reading Annie Sloan’s blog (the same Annie Sloan of Chalk Paint fame) where she dissects colors spotted all around France, Australia, and Cuba and attaches a chalk paint color to them.
- Weekend recipe to try: Moroccan Carrot Soup from Country Living.
- Janet, a longtime aficionado of Glassybaby votives (“You have to see them to believe them”), has been dropping into their new San Francisco store at 3665 Sacramento St. in Presidio Heights.
- So very sad to learn of the death of Ace Hotel cofounder and design visionary Alex Calderwood.
For more, head to our most recent posts.