From a moody Japanese restaurant to a design-centric radiator, here’s what’s been inspiring us this week––all ahead of our upcoming issue, Japan by Design.
Above: We’re fans of the alluring ambiance of Karasu, a “Japanese speakeasy” in Fort Greene, Brooklyn. Photo via Zagat.
- We’re liking this beautifully shot series that documents the homes of celebrated architects, designers and artists.
- An inspiring $5,000 exterior makeover in St. Augustine, Florida.
Question of the week: How much mess is perfect at home?
Above: Justine has her eye on Oedo Antiques Market. Photo via @francescahenriques.
- An 18th century château “worthy of its own Instagram account.”
Above: Revisiting a favorite lighting designer in Japan.
- The perfect roommate?
- How to decorate your space in five layers.
Above: Android, a sculptural radiator made from 100 percent recycled materials and designed by Daniel Libeskind for Antrax IT, won the prestigious 2016 Good Design Award 2016.
- On Daisy’s list: Ichimura, a sleek newly opened 10-seat sushi bar in Tribeca.
Above: Stacey is admiring British photography studio Rye London (@ryelondon). We’re also loving the Alvar Aalto stool inspiration.
For more of our favorite finds on the web and inspirational haunts, see:
- A Design Duo’s Whole-House Overhaul for $15,000
- In Montana: Rustic Chic on a Budget
- Current Obsessions: Vital Designs
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation