Ahead, 12 things we’re noting this weekend:
- Goodee is turning four—and hosting a sale, now through June 4, to celebrate.
- Margot recently stopped into a preview of Tom Delavan’s collection of shaggy Turkish-made geometric rugs in inspired, unexpected color combos for Beni (and is now coveting one for her own place).
- On view at Howe London on Pimlico Road: “a collection of garden furniture and lovely old pots” to celebrate the upcoming Chelsea Flower Show.
- And stateside, NYCxDesign is going on through May 25.
- Today 12-4 p.m. in Brooklyn: an Auntie Otie sample sale, 72 Mother Gaston Blvd. Says the shop: “Relax in our garden with a cold drink after you shop. In person only; no phone or web orders. BYO bags.”
- New Yorkers, stop into the New York Botanical Gardens on Thursday, May 25, to see visual artist Ebony G. Patterson in conversation ahead of her new exhibit, which opens May 27 and is the culmination of her year-long residency (the first of its kind) at the Gardens. More info on the talk here and the exhibit here.
- The case for post-occupancy studies, ft. an architecture firm who returned to look at an eco-house it completed 13 years ago.
- Morgan is admiring ASL, the design firm Saint-Lazare’s own collection of objects, furniture, kitchenware, and more.
- A new hotel, now open in Maryland.
- We love this “alternative to unsightly spotlights,” courtesy of Beata Heuman.
- Utterly charmed by green roofs.
- And continuing our obsession with throw beds: 10 portable mattresses for lounging indoors (or out).
Frequently asked questions
What is the article about?
The article is about the current obsession with florals for spring.
Where can I find the article?
You can find the article on the Remodelista website. The specific link is provided in the URL.
Why are florals popular in spring?
Florals are popular in spring because they symbolize the arrival of warmer weather, blooming flowers, and rejuvenation.
What are some examples of floral-inspired items mentioned in the article?
Some examples of floral-inspired items mentioned in the article include floral wallpapers, floral patterned fabrics, floral-inspired furniture, and floral arrangements.
Is the article solely focused on home decor?
Yes, the article primarily focuses on floral-inspired home decor, including different ways to incorporate florals into interior design.
Are there any tips provided for incorporating florals into home decor?
Yes, the article provides several tips for incorporating florals into home decor, such as using subtle floral prints as accents, experimenting with bold floral patterns, and mixing different floral elements to create a layered look.
Are there any DIY ideas mentioned in the article?
Yes, the article mentions a few DIY ideas, including creating your own floral arrangements, stenciling floral patterns on furniture, and designing custom floral-inspired fabrics.
Can I purchase the featured floral items directly from the article?
The article does not offer direct purchasing options. However, it provides links and references to stores and brands where you can find the featured floral items.
Is this article specifically targeted towards professional designers?
No, this article is not exclusively targeted towards professional designers. It is suitable for anyone interested in incorporating florals into their home decor.
How often does Remodelista publish new articles?
Remodelista publishes new articles regularly, covering various topics related to home renovation, interior design, and lifestyle.