Attention, New England-area readers: Annie will be at one of our favorite shops, Snug Harbor Farm, in Kennebunk, Maine, on Sunday, Dec. 11 at 2 p.m., signing copies of Remodelista in Maine. Hope to see you there for some wintry magic. RSVP here (the first 20 people to sign up will receive a “mystery” dahlia tuber).
And in NYC this week, Julie and Margot will be signing copies of Remodelista: The Low-Impact Home on Wednesday, December 14, from 4-6 p.m. at Hudson Grace, 405 Bleecker Street. Please come sip and shop!
For more festive happenings, read on:
- French-Norweigian cafe Måurice in Portland, OR, is hosting their own marché aux puces this Sunday, Dec. 11, with vintage glass, silver sets, embroidered aprons, curios, and more, plus “cookies, wine by the glass + bottle, vermouth, and warm cider.” Stop in: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., 921 SW Oak St.
- An eagle-eyed reader spotted a copy of Remodelista in Maine in the latest episode of deVol’s For the Love of Kitchens. The episode is called “A Basement Kitchen” and is live now via Magnolia Network. (P.S. Stay tuned for more on this project on Remodelista, coming up soon.)
- “Soap, ceramics, wool, fuzz, etc.” are on offer today, Dec. 10, at World’s End Farm, home of Saipua. (Don’t miss the “frozen farm tour” at 2 p.m.) More info here.
- Margot is admiring l’Impératrice, the new Princess Margaret-inspired collection from Paris glass workshop La Soufflerie. “It’s devoted to boldly enjoying simple pleasures, such as a glass cup of coffee,” she reports. Take a look.
- And Marimekko is back in New York, with an experiential, modular concept shop at 97 Wooster Street in Soho. It opened its doors this week; stop in.
- The color of 2023, according to Pantone? Viva Magenta. (Let us know what you think in the comments.)
- Spotted from the couple behind The Soot House: a new use for beeswax wraps.
- And Annie is eyeing charming ceramics by Sophie Wilson of 1690 House for Nickey Kehoe.
- 8 favorite handmade pots for amaryllis and paperwhite bulbs, over on Gardenista.
- An inspired garage conversion that prioritizes smart storage.
- And what to do in winter for healthier soil in spring.