This coming week we’ll be channeling our inner handyman: stay tuned for cabins, hunting lodge decor, and Marin’s new Guideboat Co. (a new venture from Restoration Hardware founder Steve Gordon). And, in the meantime, here’s some weekend inspiration:
- Recommended: a tour of Belgian architect Nicolas Schuybroek’s house on Coffeeklatch.
- Margot’s weekend plans include a visit to Kiku: The Art of the Japanese Garden at the Bronx Botanical Garden; read the NY Times review of the show.
- An example of Eco Alabaster from Ceramica Fioranese, made of nearly 50 percent recycled material; spotted on Architizer.
- Color foresight via Country Living.
- Our favorite French hand brooms from Andrée Jardin are now available in the US at Alder & Co.
- Sarah has picked her first persimmon of the season and is looking at how to make hoshigaki, shown here in progress—that’s dried persimmon, Japanese style. Read more about the revival of hoshigaki at the LA Times.
- Eerie and captivating: the latest work from Banksy in Lower Manhattan, spotted on Buzzfeed.
- Appreciating the synergy of books and great design in these libraries across the globe, via Architectural Digest.
Care to share any obsessions, inspirations, or recommendations? Jot them down in the comments box below.