Here on the Remodelista team, we’ve spent the week readying our workspaces—and the rest of the house—for autumn. Ahead, a few goings-on and other items we’re noting:
- On view through September 19th: Roz Chast’s drawings and cartoons at Carol Corey Fine Art, 12 Old Barn Road, Kent, CT.
- At long last, The Chelsea Flower Show, postponed from last spring, is here: It runs September 21st to 26th; more info here.
- All eyes are on Planted, an inaugural event in London to explore design x the natural world. It’s going on at King’s Cross, 1 Granary Square, from September 23rd to 26th and entirely free, with a series of talks, installations by a who’s who of favorite brands, and more. Registration and everything you need to know, here.
- Next Friday, September 24th, Remodelista favorite Toast is hosting three workshops on the Brooklyn Grange rooftop in NYC to mark New York Textile Month. They are: Communal Weaving with Cynthia Alberto, founder of Weaving Hand; Botanical Bundle Dyeing with artist Natalie Stopka; and perhaps our favorite: Floral Folk Embroidery with Jordana Martin, founder of Tatter Blue Library in Brooklyn.
- Shoppe Object is ahead, too, September 19th to 21st at Pier 36 in New York and online. Find out more here.
May we recommend:
- Sustainable plywood chairs fit together like a puzzle, via the mind of Philippe Starck.
- The ideal fall project: a Shaker-inspired knitting kit.
- The sconce of the season.