Mending, the eco-conscious kitchen garden, a whole-food cookbook, and more on our minds this spring weekend:
- In celebration of Earth Day, we’re reminded of Tree FM, through which you can “tune into forests around the world.”
- We’re all eager to get our hands on a copy of Super Natural Simple, vegetarian recipes from Remodelista favorite Heidi Swanson.
- Just in time for warm weather: Brooklyn-based Quiet Town has come out with its first line of bath and beach towels, made in Turkey of organic cotton in five pleasingly faded colors.
- Says Fan: “I follow Katrina Rodabaugh (@katrinarodabaugh) on Instagram, and I am forever inspired by her ideas on artful mending and thoughts on sustainable fashion. Her new book was just published this week: Make, Thrift, Mend. Excited to dive in.”
- Introducing The New Craftsmen Award at Cockpit Arts, “an award to foster creative excellence and diversity in the craft world” that includes a funded studio space in London and financial support; find more info here.
- Brook Farm General Store is offering 20 percent off brooms, brushes, net bags, storage jars, and other eco-conscious utilitarian wares, here.
- New Yorkers: Rizzoli is giving away autographed books to five winners to celebrate Independent Bookstore Day (today). To enter, purchase a book at Rizzoli Bookstore at 1133 Broadway and enter your name for the raffle drawing tonight at 7 p.m. EST. (Not in NYC? Shop your local bookstore this weekend.)
- And over on Gardenista: Sustainable Edible Gardening: 10 Tips from the Brooklyn Grange.