Hello, winter vacation. Here are some recipes, projects, and inspirational images to put you in full holiday mode. Stay tuned this coming week for our Winter Wonderland issue full of snowy cabins and warm hearths.
- Tried and true: a classic mulled wine recipe from Country Living. Photograph via Sunday Suppers.
- On December 26, Room & Board in San Francisco (685 Seventh Street) is holding their once-a-year annual clearance event from 10 am to 6 pm; floor samples and discontinued items (including sofas, tables, storage pieces, rugs, and accessories) will be marked down up to 50 percent.
- Christine was pleasantly surprised to hear Kanye West talking about the importance of architecture at her alma mater.
- Julie is obsessing over Céline’s current collection via The Idea of Simplicity.
- Admiring a built-in desk that can be disguised as part of a kitchen pantry by Gwyn Duggan Design Associates via Cultivate.
- Just in time for holiday baking: we have our eye on KitchenAid’s Mixer in copper, thanks to Popsugar Home.
- Izabella is making birch candlesticks for her holiday dinner table discovered on Swedish blog Home 2 Tiny.
- Struggling for a last-minute gift? We’re taking a look at these three DIY gift baskets via Sunset Magazine.
- Proof that contemporary animal barns can be great looking and high functioning: a Cow Barn in Ligniéres, Switzerland via Architzier.
- Our kind of advice: last-minute entertaining tips via Huff Post Home.
For much more inspiration, head to our most recent posts.