- Bay Area designer Erica Tanov holds her annual two-day sale in Berkeley, CA, this weekend, featuring samples, past season clothing, bedding, and one-of-a-kind pieces.
- On view at the Fondation Beyeler in Basel, Switzerland, until May 17th, an exhibit of Edward Hopper works. And at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts in Richmond, VA, until February 23rd: “Edward Hopper and the American Hotel.” (Via Graydon Carter’s weekly Airmail Arts Intel Report.)
- NYC lighting studio of the moment, Apparatus, has introduced new additions to the Lariat and Triad collections, including a scaled-down version of their Lariat Pendant.
- Mark your calendars: On March 1st, “Judd,” the first US retrospective in over 30 years, opens at MoMA in NYC, featuring sculpture, painting, drawing, and rarely seen works by Donald Judd.
- The annual Modernism Week in Palm Springs runs from February 13th to 23rd; highlights include a tour of the Albert Frey Cree house.
- The 10 Hardest Houseplants to Keep Alive, According to Gardenista Readers.
- Under-the-radar NYC design studio Form Atelier is hosting their annual apartment sale this weekend, Saturday, February 1st, from 11am to 6pm and Sunday, February 2nd, from 12pm to 4pm. DM them for address and info. “Tons of ceramics (Wedgwood black basalt, 1930s-40s Scandinavian and American stoneware, 19th century creamware) plus Japanese woodblock prints, framed vintage Italian film posters, and more.”
- Admiring the new wave of Parisian urban rooftop gardens.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation