When we bought a crib in anticipation for our daughter’s arrival, I didn’t realize how fleeting the period of crib sleeping would be. Fast forward a couple years and that crib I hand finished in beeswax is nearly obsolete: time for the toddler bed. Also called a “junior bed,” a toddler bed is low profile and is often equipped with guard rails (toddlers are very active in their sleep). Here are our ten favorite options for toddler or junior beds.
For more kids’ furniture see our posts:
- 10 Easy Pieces: Bunk Beds for Kids’ Rooms
- 10 Easy Pieces: Kids’ Modern Beds
- 10 Easy Pieces: Best Trundle Beds for Sleepovers
- Bedtime Stories: Playful Children’s Furniture from Italy
- The Big Sleep: Bedding for Toddlers to Teens