Description from Williams-Sonoma
Staub’s innovative enamel coating takes cast-iron cooking to the next level with improved performance, style and durability. Heavy lids to seal in moisture paired with heat-retaining cast iron make this oven ideal for slow cooking homemade chili or a hearty stew.
- Heavyweight enameled cast iron transfers and retains heat evenly.
- Color selections feature multicoat enameling to create a glossy, vibrantly colored “majolique” finish that resembles fine ceramics.
- Matte Black selection features multi-coat enameling with low-gloss matte finish.
- Resistant to rust, chipping and cracking, the coating requires no additional seasoning like some other cast-iron pieces.
- Specially formulated black matte interior enamel contains traces of quartz, giving it additional heat resistance and a textured surface that results in better browning.
- Dozens of precisely placed bumps on the lid’s interior funnel evaporated juices directly back down on top of the food for more even basting.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Made in France.
DIMENSIONS & MORE INFO
- 2 3/4-Quart: 8 1/4″ diam., 3 3/4″ high; 9 lb. with lid.
- 4-Quart: 9 1/4″ diam., 4″ high; 10 lb. 8 oz. with lid.
- 5 1/2-Quart: 10″ diam., 4 1/2″ high; 12 lb. with lid.
- 7-Quart: 11″ diam., 5 1/4″ high; 15 lb. 15 oz. with lid.
- 9-Quart: 12″ diam., 5 1/2″ high; 17 lb. 5 oz. with lid.
- 13 1/4-Quart: 13 1/2″ diam., 6 1/2″ high; 22 lb. 10 oz. with lid.
Prices range from $190.00 to $500.00