Warm colors, cool water, chaotic patterns, symmetry–and pink as the ultimate neutral color. Jawaharlal Nehru said India is a bundle of contradictions held together by strong but invisible threads. This week on Gardenista, Michelle and Erin explore how contradictions enhance the gardens and outdoor spaces of India.
- One of our favorite gardeners goes indoors: see Required Reading: The House Gardener by Isabelle Palmer.
- Maria shows us how to make rose petal honey inspired by her trip to India.
- Michelle sleuthed 10 Garden Ideas to Steal from India.
- Did you know that wild-growing tulsi basil (also known as “holy basil”) was first cultivated in India? Learn more at Field Guide: Tulsi Basil.
- Beyond terra-cotta: 10 Easy Pieces: Bronze Garden Planters.