The dreamy Scandi palette of sea and sky, fjord and stream has gotten even more interesting of late. This week we’re taking a deep dive into the nuanced world of Nordic design right now.
- Is battered and beautiful the look of things to come? In today’s Architecture & Interiors post, Julie presents Copenhagen design studio Frama’s atmospheric office/living quarters in a former pharmacy.
- Looking for an instant daybed for summer? The simple canvas cot is being recruited for bigger things–watch for Tuesday’s 5 Favorites.
- Thank you, Hans Wegner, for setting the standards for artful and enduring dining chairs. In 10 Easy Pieces, we present the high/low Scandi dining chair hall of fame.
- We have our eye on Stockholm architect Karin Matz, who revived this time-warped apartment by “letting the previous layers and stories of the space live on.” Explore the results in Thursday’s Architect Visit.
- On Friday, our own in-house Swede, Izabella, leads us to the water and translates the Nordic way of seaside living. Watch for her 9 Ideas to Steal from Scandinavian Summer Houses.