Labor Day sales, a new book for cooking enthusiasts, retro lodgings, and more goings-on this long weekend:
- Londoners: Stop by Labour and Wait’s exhibit of iconic kitchen tools, inspired by Julia Child’s kitchen and in celebration of Corinne Mynatt’s new book, Tools for Food: The Stories Behind Objects that Influence How and What We Eat. The exhibit is part of London Design Festival and will be on view September 16th-26th at 48 Redchurch Street in London. And order Tools for Food here.
- This just in from Ikea: Now through September 19th at the Conshohocken, PA, store, Ikea Family members can sell their gently used Ikea furniture to the store’s “As-Is” section in exchange for store credit—a low-waste pilot program we hope will expand to other locations, too.
- Brook Farm General Store is offering 20 percent off select products this weekend with code LABORDAYSALE; browse here.
- And shop Permanent Collection’s end-of-summer sale—also 20 percent off—here.
- Reinvigorated motor lodges are having a moment.
- Laundry day listen: the merits of cold-water washing.
- Dissecting a summery front entry on Martha’s Vineyard.
- Better-looking sponge storage.
- And: 8 things to do in the garden this month.
May we recommend: