This week we reveled in all things posh: blue velvet sofas, splashy marble bathrooms, and handsome brass shelving. Next week, we’re jumping into the kitchen and deconstructing the best layouts, appliances, and cookware. Until then, allow us to share a few other things we’ve been hung up on lately.
- Our favorite British flatware from David Mellor Design will be showcased as a part of an in-store exhibition at Heath’s San Francisco factory and showroom. For the opening, Corin Mellor, son of David Mellor and the company’s creative director, will be sharing the story of the company’s history and design with Remodelista’s editor-at-large, Sarah, on Friday, March 14th, from 5-8 pm. Event details here.
- Green shutters and all—Meredith is loving this 19th century house in Brazil.
- Alexa has watched this video of designer Michael Anastassiades’ London townhouse (on Nowness) over and over again.
- Dalilah is rallying for a coat rack in the Remodelista SF office (she’d rather hang her Fidelity peacoat than fling it across a Herman Miller chair). She’s eager to make a plumbing pipe garment rack for the crew.
- Outlined in rattan cane and dressed in muted tones and pastels, Numéro 111’s new furniture collection exudes warm feelings of spring.
- You won’t find a single straight line or geometric shape in The Organic House, located in Mumbai.
- Aspiring to make your Pinterest boards come to life? Refinery 29 shows us how to achieve a Pin-perfect interior without breaking the bank.
- Looking for some vintage finds? Our friends at Big Daddy’s are launching their first annual Big Daddy’s Deal Days in both their Los Angeles and San Francisco locations. Saturday and Sunday, March 8 and 9.
To catch up on recent Remodelista posts, see The Velvet Underground. And don’t miss Gardenista’s week of Grand Gardens, including a Paris florist shop that Sofia Coppola frequents and a field guide to spring’s early risers.