Ahead, design fundraisers for Ukraine and more. Read on:
This week our thoughts are with the people of Ukraine. A few ways to help:
- Pops and Piaf is selling a limited number of cut-paper sunflowers with 100 percent of profits donated to the British Red Cross.
- Tat of London is hosting a charity sale to benefit Ukraine. Browse all of the offerings here.
- London-based, Ukraine-born chef Olia Hercules started the #CookforUkraine movement for home cooks and restaurant owners alike; head here for how to join.
- Artist and illustrator Chiara Perano’s limited-edition “Peace” prints sold out in 24 hours, but keep an eye on her Instagram and website for new additions. All proceeds benefit Choose Love.
- UK readers, Old Yarns is auctioning a vintage boucherouite rug, with all proceeds benefiting Voices of Children Foundation. Head to @old_yarns to make a bid through tomorrow, March 6.
- And: the movement to book Airbnbs in Ukraine.
- Glimpses of Ukranian art, architecture, and museums via @tat.london and decorative artist @tessnewallstudio.
- “What is the role of an architect in the age of climate change?” this exhibit at SF MoMA (by a scientist/architect) asks.
- The latest in the low-waste world: secondhand art and craft supplies (with a brick and mortar opening in Somerville, MA, on March 11).
- Spotted and celebrating: Fireclay’s Equity for Black Women Architects scholarships.
- Spotted on Instagram: the most beautiful tumbleweed as decor.
- Korbo baskets go outdoors.
- A must-have gardening tool.
- Time to start a community garden? Here’s how.