From exhibits in Miami and Milan to podcast must-listens, pointers for choosing a tree, and more, here’s what we’re noting this first weekend of December.
- This week in gift guides: warm and wooly socks, truly artful new cookbooks, and perhaps a classic fondue pot for gathering ’round.
- Margot is charmed by Embodied Nature, an interactive exhibit at Design Miami by Maison Perrier-Jouët and the Austrian design studio mischer’traxler featuring artistic depictions of species in cabinet de curiosités.
- And opening this weekend at Triennale Milan: Sala Sottsass, a tribute to the Italian designer Ettore Sottsass (including a reconstruction of a room in his residential project Casa Lana circa the 1960s). It’s on view through April 10 and admission is free; more info here.
- Remodelista favorite Freunde von Freunden is now Friends of Friends; take a look.
- And one of our style heroes, Margaret Howell, was interviewed about her favorite living spaces on The Modern House Podcast; have a listen.
- Winter is coming. Here’s how to care for houseplants when they go dormant.
- Fan found a stealth, no-brainer storage solution, and you probably have the perfect spot for it in your hallway (or closet).
- 10 things to know before venturing out to get a tree.
May we recommend: