Above: Sunset has recently unveiled its Bay Area California Idea House to the public. Referencing the Craftsman movement, Geremia Design created the home’s interiors to include artisan materials, while landscape designer Michelle Derviss brought the house’s exterior sloping hillside to life. Located in Berkeley, the house will be open to tours Friday through Sunday until September 25. Tickets can be purchased here. Photograph by Thomas J. Story, courtesy of Sunset Magazine.
- Bid farewell to summer with these DIYs.
- These design stores “feel like dropping in on a friend.”
- It’s obvious why so many love the “sweet” renovations behind this duo.
- “An interior-phile’s dream” in New York.
Above: Copenhagen-based designer Kristina Dam redefines minimal, basic essentials into architectural pieces. Available for preorder, these desk sculptures capture studio’s aesthetic and are perfect for “weekday desk meditation—or as a small collection in your living room.” Photograph courtesy of Kristina Dam Studio.
- Twenty reasons to love natural, summery woven lighting.
- An eclectic workspace with ideas to steal.
- Over on Gardenista: A Burst of Color in the Green Mountains.
Our Latest Instagram Obsession
Above: We have long followed the work of Deborah Berke Partners, a New York–based architectural firm that creates modern spaces that highlight authenticity and simplicity (@deborahberkepartners).
For more Remodelista, visit our latest issue: Summer’s Greatest Hits.