Last week, Kristina shared Studio McGee’s inspiring laundry room rehab (see: Before/After: A Luxe Laundry Room by an Instagram-Famous Design Duo, Plus How to Steal the Look). But not everyone has the square footage to devote an entire room to housing the washer and dryer. For those of you who live with space constraints, here are five ingenious ways to shimmy a washer and dryer into other rooms in your home—seamlessly and stylishly.
N.B.: Featured photograph by Matthew Williams and styling by Alexa Hotz for Remodelista: The Organized Home.
1. Conceal them behind cabinet doors.
2. Create a closet for them.
3. Draw the curtain on them. Above: Renter Myles Tipley’ solution? A DIY curtain to keep his washer and dryer out of sight. See: DIY: The $65 Laundry Closet, Renter’s Edition.
4. Put them behind louvered doors.
5. Integrate them into the room design.
Inspired to overhaul your laundry setup? Be sure to check out these posts: