Back to Team Index
"I never saw a garden from which I did not learn something and seldom met a gardener who did not, in one way or another, help me.”- Russell page
Mill Valley, California
- Has Gardened:
Northern California, Chicago (lilac country), and Brooklyn (fire escape).
- First Plant:
African violet on my grandmother’s radiator.
- Reluctant Garden Assistants:
Husband (Josh) and three daughters (Zoe, Ella, and Clementine).
- Favorite Gardening Book:
Onward and Upward in the Garden by Katharine S. White.
- Last Plant I Bought:
- Why I Got Such a Picky Plant:
For the scent. Also, I like round, compact shrubs with shiny leaves.
- Favorite Cocktail to Drink Outdoors:
Negroni (1 jigger gin to 1/2 jigger sweet vermouth and 1/2 jigger Campari; serve in martini glass with lemon twist).
- What My Husband Would Most Like to See In The Garden:
A Royal Palm tree.
- What My Husband Will Be Seeing in the Garden:
Lemon Tree (for Negronis).