Your wardrobe is an investment. Elegant suits, beautiful dresses, delicate evening gowns, and handsome tuxedos warrant special care and protection. Storing clothing in dry cleaning bags or heavier plastic garment bags creates problems. Plastic bags trap moisture and fabric cannot breath. Bags emit gas, causing fabric to turn yellow and deteriorate.
Butlers used cotton covers to shield important day and evening wear, clothing stored away for the next season, and for special heirlooms.
Today Textile Conservators store historic clothing in cotton fabric free of dyes, bleach and chemicals. Museums with valuable costume collections use these methods to preserve their archives for future generations.
WARDROBE CARE COVERS provide essential protection for important items in your closet and while traveling. These conservation covers shield clothing from light, dust, and insects. They also help prevent premature aging.
They offer extra protection in your suitcase and are the perfect solution when you need to carry a gown or tuxedo to a black tie event after work. Our collection includes five items. Shoulder Covers give your closet a crisp and organized look and keep dust from settling. Three additional full-length covers provide more complete protection: Suit or Tuxedo, Dress or Coat, and the Gown or Fur. Our custom designed Wedding Dress Preservation Cover protects a bridal gown before the wedding ceremony and can be used for preservation storage after the special occasion.
These covers also make a very special gift–unique, handsome, and practical.
- Bespoke covers protect clothing from light, dust, insects, and damage in the closet
- Original designs–beautifully tailored
- 100% cotton percale woven to textile conservator specifications
- Thread count 200
- Free of dye, bleach, sizing, and chemicals
- Fabric has been scoured with a final “pure finish” water-only rinse
- Buttons and overlapping placket keep dust out and insects away
- Use at home and for travel
- Generously sized and may hold more than one item
- Helps prevent yellowing from dry cleaning bags
- Machine washable and proudly “Made in New York”
- Shoulder Cover : 23 x 3 x 14
- Suit or Tuxedo Cover : 24 x 4 x 42
- Dress or Coat Cover : 24 x 4 x 54
- Gown or Fur Cover : 24 x 4 x 64
- Bridal Gown Cover : 24 x 3 1/2 to 19 1/2 x 70
Prices range from $18.00 to $150.00