Description from Design Within Reach
Serge Mouille designed his angular, insect-like lights as “a reaction to the Italian models that were beginning to invade the market in 1950,” which he criticized for being “too complicated.” The Two-Arm Wall Sconce (1954) is a wall-mounted interpretation of his original Three-Arm Lamp, and maintains the original’s kinetic, sculptural aesthetic. All of his lighting solutions feature Mouilles hallmark signatures as a designer: the way the arms are joined to the diffusers, the washer and six-sided screw hardware, the form of the reflectors, and the refined lines of the steel tubing. Bulb (not included): 75W/E26. Made in France.
- One straight arm and one curved arm allows for both ambient and focused illumination.
- Shades are produced using the original molds, proportions, materials and techniques.
- Each lamp is stamped and numbered.
- Collection also includes a table lamp, hanging lamp and floor lamps.
- Materials : Lacquered aluminum and steel with brass ball joints.
- Measurements : Upper Arm: 60″ Lower Arm: 40″