Description from Adeline Adeline
Pashley Cycles is proud to release the Britannia range of bicycles. The range is based on Pashley’s popular Princess model (with a hand-built frame and large front wicker basket) and is available in Red, White or Blue. Like the Princess Sovereign it is a direct descendent of bicycles built by Pashley in the 1920s. The frames are crafted by hand in Pashley’s Stratford-upon-Avon factory using the traditional construction of steel tubes brazed into lugs. The frame geometry is carried over from the original Pashley models. Even the wheel sizes are entirely authentic to the classic English bicycle.
These bold colors and model name are a nod to the company’s pride in its British manufacturing heritage and to the support from loyal Pashley customers. The Company started in 1926 and is today the longest established bicycle manufacturer in Britain, employing 50 people at its factory in Stratford-upon-Avon.
The Britannia is built on a beautifully made classic upright English steel frame. The Brooks leather saddle softens as you use it and forms to your body shape. Matching fenders and chain guard keep your clothes clean and dry while riding in the city or the country. Swept-back handlebars keep you comfortably upright so you can enjoy the sights. A honey wicker basket with bottom support keeps your belongings in sight. Your pedaling powers the front headlight. A frame mounted air pump is always available to top off the tires no matter where you are. 5 speeds from the internal Sturmey Archer gear hub help you climb hills. The internal drum brakes last practically forever and work just as well in the rain and snow as they do on a sunny day.
- All 3 sizes (SML, MED, LRG) and colors are usually in stock.
- A full range of Pashley leather handlebar and saddle bags are also available.
- Available in Red, Blue or White
- 5 speed Sturmey Archer internal gear hub
- Front and rear Sturmey Archer 70mm internal drum brakes
- Brooks B66S leather saddle (honey)
- Leather Pashley honey colored grips
- Front wicker basket with leather straps and frame support
- Generator powered front light, LED rear light
- Frame mounted air pump
- Widek bell
- Lugged step-through steel frame
- Endrick pattern 26″ alloy rims (13 guage, 36 spokes)
- Schwalbe Marathon Plus “Smart Guard” puncture-resistant tires
- 48 lbs
- 5 year frame warranty
- 1 year part warranty
- SML 17.5″ suits 5′ to 5’5″
- MED 20″ suits 5’5″ to 5’9″
- LRG 22.5″ suits 5’9″ and up