Description from Design Within Reach
In a 1956 Time magazine cover story, Eero Saarinen said that “the underside of typical tables and chairs makes a confusing, unrestful world,” and that he was designing a new collection to “clear up the slum of legs in the U.S. home.” Later that year, he completed his Pedestal Table (1956), whose form was inspired by a drop of high-viscosity liquid. This iconic table features a cast-aluminum base with abrasion-resistant Rilsan finish and a solid marble, wood veneer or laminate tabletop. Each is stamped with the KnollStudio logo and Eero Saarinen’s signature. This is the authentic Saarinen Pedestal Table by Knoll. Base made in China; tabletop made in Italy or U.S.A., depending on material.
Stone masters carefully select marble with the best composition and veining to create tops for marble Saarinen Pedestal Tables. Please rest assured that each one’s unique markings are not imperfections but rather the very traits that make it a true one of a kind.
Coated marble tops have a glossy polyester coating, and satin-coated marble tops have a matte satin polyester coating; both types help protect against stains.
- Materials : Cast-aluminum base with Rilsan® finish; solid marble, wood veneer or laminate tabletop with beveled edge.
- Solid marble: Arabescato (white with heavy grey veining), Calacatta, Nero Marquina, Verde Alpi (green with black and white veining) or Extra-White (pure white with very faint traces of grey).
- Wood veneer: MDF with cathedral-grain oak, walnut, cherry, ebonized walnut or Pau Ferro rosewood veneer.
- Laminate: MDF with laminate.
- Measurements : H 28.25″ Diameter 35″, 42″, 47″, 54″ or 60″
Prices range from $2053.00 to $8894.00