Description from Layer x Layer
INDIGO DYED CLAMP – EACH CLAMP IS ‘ONE OF A KIND’.
The Clamp is our solution to a common workspace conundrum – items or tools that are commonly used need to be within reach, without cluttering up your desk or table.
Aside from being a useful organization tool, the Clamp adds character to your space and is simply nice to have around.
U.S.A. grown Poplar used for the main base, ‘trunk’ & ‘branches’, and Maple used for the screw.
For this Indigo version, we decided to leave the entire Clamp unfinished. We experimented with different oil and wax finishes but in the end we decided to let the natural beauty of the indigo remain unfettered. Since in general Indigo is a ‘non-permanent’ dye, and since this Clamp is unsealed a bit of Indigo may rub off during handling, especially on certain Clamps that are more heavily dyed (darker ones). We think it’s actually kind of nice.
- NO METAL – 100% WOOD.
- We thread each Maple screw in our woodshop, one at a time.
- Maximum clamping thickness is 1.5″ – if you need to use the Clamp on a thicker table, please contact us before ordering.
- Poplar Body.
- Indigo Dye – “Fruit Vat” technique.
- No. of dips in Indigo: Between 1 – 10.
- Maple Screw.
- 5 Branches (some have extra).
- Tree Clamp.
- Approximate Dimensions: 24″ x 4.5″ (61cm x 11.5cm)
- Designed & Handcrafted in the U.S.A.*