Description from Pashley Cycles
Celebrate all that is best about our green and pleasant land with the Britannia, our tribute to our proud British heritage. Available in a range of patriotic colours, it is a fun and beautiful way to explore the countryside on weekend adventures or even just nip around town, filling the classic wicker basket with your shopping as you go.
In true British fashion, the Britannia is suited to all sorts of weather, with the chainguard and mudguards keeping you clean and looking your best, whilst the reliable hub brakes and gears are effective no matter what the conditions. Based upon the model we have produced from our very earliest days in the 1920s, the curved frame is coupled with a classic sweeping handlebar to give you an elegant upright seated position that lets you glide along through the countryside in comfort. This comfort is enhanced by the inclusion of a hand-made Brooks B66S saddle – made only thirty miles from our factory here in Stratford-upon-Avon – which gradually shapes to your form to become a truly customised and supportive seat. A front dynamo headlamp completes this luxurious lineup, never needing batteries to keep you safe at night.
All this is brought together with our long-earned experience and British craftsmanship, making the Britannia a gorgeous and reliable bicycle equipped to be a lifelong companion.
- Colours : Royal Red, Old English White or Midnight Blue.
- Gears : Sturmey Archer 5 speed, low maintenance XRD-5(W) hub gear with thumb shifter control.
- Frame : Traditionally lugged and brazed hand-crafted steel frame.
- Fork : Tubular crown, hand brazed.
- Saddle : Honey brown Brooks B67s natural leather saddle with twin coil springs.
- Handlebar : Chrome plated raised bar on alloy and stainless steel stem.
- Brakes : Sturmey Archer all-weather, low maintenance front and rear hub brakes.
- Wheels : 26″ polished alloy rims with stainless steel spokes.
- Tyres : 26×1 3/8″ Cream Schwalbe Delta Cruiser tyres with Kevlar Guard belt puncture protection and reflective side walls.
- Mudguards : Classic profile steel guards with hand-applied silver lining.
- Pedals : Alloy body with non-slip rubber inserts.
- Crankset : Traditional slender chromed steel cranks.
- Other Features : Protective chainguard, large ding-dong bell, wicker basket, classic hub-dynamo headlamp, LED rear light, propstand, hand-made leather grips, frame-fitted pump.
- Frames Sizes : 17.5″, 20″ and 22.5″