This week we discovered a new cafe in The Netherlands and explored the vast compound of an inspiring designer and filmmaker. Here’s a look at what we’ve been admiring.
Above: On the market: the Cerro Pelon Ranch, designer and filmmaker Tom Ford’s Santa Fe compound. Personally designed and sited by acclaimed architect Tadao Ando, the ranch is set on 20,000 acres and features a main residence, two private guest houses, separate staff residences, and a state-of-the-art horse barn. Photograph courtesy of Kevin Bobolsky Group.
- Swiss Architect Peter Zumthor recently unveiled his updated plans for the new LACMA.
- At home in New York with Marc Jacobs.
- Unique and personal insights into one of our favorite cities for design.
Above: On our radar: the recently-opened Mica Coffee Bar in North Holland. Photograph courtesy of Mica Coffee Bar.
- Light and layered: the chic, globally minded home of Ulla Johnson.
- Capturing California’s modernist architecture.
- Over on Gardenista: Family Matters.
Our Latest Instagram Obsession
Above: We’ve been long been admirers of the work of Niels Stroyer of Frama, an interiors and product design studio in Copenhagen. Just like its collection, Frama’s feed focuses on “solid materials with natural finishes and simple geometry” (@framacph).
For more Remodelista, visit our latest issue: Summer Idyll.