Description from Williams-Sonoma
Combining the best of two knife-making traditions, this knife from our Shun Classic line has a thicker blade than traditional Japanese cutlery and a 22-degree cutting edge modeled after European chef’s knives. The thicker, heftier blade allows it be used for heavy-duty cutting tasks while still offering the superb edge retention of the Shun Classic VG-Max “super steel” blade.
- Japanese-made chef’s knife with the 22-degree blade-edge angle of Western kitchen cutlery.
- Appropriate for tasks such as cleaving, cutting through chicken bones, cracking crab shells and preparing melon fruits with thick rinds.
- Thick, strong blade offers more belly curve for rocking cuts.
- Broad blade is useful for transferring chopped foods from cutting board to pot.
- VG-Max “super steel” blades are clad on each side with 69 microthin layers of stainless steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resists moisture and is D-shaped to sit comfortably in the hand.
- Extra weight in stainless-steel bolster balances the heavy blade.
- 6″ knife: 6″-long blade; 5″-long handle; 6.8 oz.
- 8″ knife: 8 1/4″-long blade, 5″-long handle; 8 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
Prices range from $89.95 to $149.95