Description from Cutlery and More
The Microplane grater is not just your ordinary kitchen tool. The secret is in the photochemically etched stainless steel surface.
- The zest collects in the upper channel
- Incredible fine shavings of zest without grating your knuckles
- Blade made of surgical grade stainless steel
- For zesting and grating of citrus zest, hard cheese, nutmeg, ginger and garlic
- Made in USA/ dishwasher safe; cover included; store with blade covered when not in use
- 12 x 1 x 0.2-in.
If you are right-handed, hold the lemon (citrus) in your left hand with a side up as if it were the neck of a violin. Make sure the sharp edges of the cutter are aimed away from you toward the lemon. Stroke the Zester across the lemon as if you were playing the violin. We recommend rinsing your grater in warm water immediately after each use. Remove particles stuck in the blade from the back side whenever possible. To remove “stuck on” food from the front, first soak the tool in warm water and then use a cleaning brush and stroke in the same direction as the teeth.